Let’s take a look at some easy, common sense ideas to stop wasting electricity in your home.
1. Always turn off lights as you leave a room. Teach your children to do the same.
2. Switch to fluorescent light bulbs. They use 15 watts per bulb, compared to the 60-100 watts of standard bulbs.
3. If you need to run a pool filter, only run it for two hours at a time.
4. Use the shortest cycle on your dishwasher, unless the dishes are extremely dirty.
5. For laundry chores, use a speed wash cycle for your towels and sheets and any other light use items.
6. Turn off your computer when not in use.
7. Set the sleep timer on your bedroom television so you don’t wind up leaving it on all night.
8. Use your grill more during the warmer months, especially if you have an electric stove.
9. Try and turn your air conditioning down at night. Perhaps use a fan on low if you need to for your bedroom.
10. Turn off anything electrical if it is not essential; unplug your digital coffee maker and microwave as they do use electricity even when not in use.The hits keep comin’: L.E.D. BULBS WILL NOT WIPE OUT FLUORESCENT LIGHTING? I’ve got 4 LED bulbs. One – a Scientific Lig…